Sunday, December 21, 2008


I found the blessing I am going to use for our Yule ritual tonight. It is an old Celtic Blessing that I found on the Internet. I would give the author credit, however, there
was no author listed.

"May the blessing of light be on you -
light without and light within.
May the blessed sunlight shine on you
and warm your heart til it glows like a warm peat fire." ---unknown

I think it has a nice sound and it is keeping with the ideas of Yule/Winter Solstice. Especially since one of the reasons for celebrating this Sabbat is to honor the old dying God and welcome the newborn God. Yule is partially about celebrating the last bit of sunlight before the harsh reality of winter. My part in this ritual is to be the Mother, who holds the new God in her womb, the Mother of the earth. Any other time this would be really hard for me as I never actually had children, however, now I see my art and spirituality my "children". I "give birth" to creativity all the time. When I create the ATCs I swap and then pass on to someone else and I "give birth" to my Spirituality every time I participate or write a ritual. So this piece of the ritual is no longer an issue for me.

I am finding that each and every time I "create", I re-energise and re-dedicate myself to my "Spirit" and "my God/Goddess". So in a very real sense my spirituality is with me whether I am working at my mundane job, creating a piece of art, or creating a ritual to myself or my Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment