Friday, January 2, 2009


Here's a bit of a different piece of paper art I've created today. This is the Goddess Pele, a Hawai'ian fire goddess that I made for a Swap-Bot swap. She is the birth Goddess of my partner and is a paper doll. I used a pattern from the Enchanted Gallery website that we were asked to use for the swap. I used some nice papers I had been given in another swap and used some bits of silk flowers and beads for her decoration. I enjoyed making this one so much that I made one for myself. She is called Hathor, Egyptian Queen of Heaven.


These birth goddesses were chosen for the swap at a zodiac goddess website chosen by the hostess of the swap. It is all a bit of fun and I find it quite interesting because my main patroness goddess is Bast. In some research I have done, Hathor and Bast were considered "one and the same". I'm enjoying making these so much I may make a "Kuan Yin" and a "Medusa" goddess paper doll. I think I could have some great fun using various papers to depict each goddess. Especially Medusa, as it will be very interesting figuring out how to represent the snakes in her hair.






No comments:

Post a Comment