Sunday, February 1, 2009



Here's a little bit of art that I have been working on while I was gone here.


I've been away from my blog for quite a while now. I just needed a little break. Well, imagine my surprise when I returned and found that I had won a blogger award. :-) What a nice surprise. It's my first.

So thank you George at "LostNight's Scribblings" for the nice award. I'll return the favor to seven others I find. :-) I hope you don't mind that I copied your little bit of text.

"So the rules to accepting my award are as follows: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap." - George/LostNight Scribblings"

10 Honest things about myself:

1. I don't give myself enough credit for having such strong internal strength. I tend to brush it off and discount it.

2. Age is just a number. It depends on how you feel inside. Today I feel 101. LOL Tomorrow I may feel 16.

3. I am alone because I have chosen to be alone. I don't have to have someone to just fill my days and nights.

4. "I may have Fibromyalgia, however, it does not have me." It took me a very long time to realize that.

5. I have a tendency to go so far within myself, that no one may see my real self. I need to let my friends and loved ones in more often.

6. I am a natural healer. "Why can't I heal myself?" I think that is because I feel more compassion and empathy for others who cannot heal themselves. It took a very long time to understand that one. :-) It keeps me humble.

7. I'm loyal and perhaps a little stubborn. Which is not a bad thing.... I think. :-)

8. I'm a cat lady and proud of it. They are my kids.

9. When I was younger I wanted to be just like my Aunt Geri. She was beautiful and a bit eccentric. Well, what do you know? So am I.

10. I can say anything I like....... Powerful words. I won't abuse them.


1 comment:

  1. I hope your break was refreshing but glad that you are back.

    Number ten really stands out for me. Powerful words that flow freely but never abuse. Words are too often used as weapons. Sometimes when we trust another with our fears and fantasies they find a way to twist our own words into something sinister or deranged and shoot them back at us like sharp-edged daggers. Then we learn to measure our phrases and limit our vulnerability and the potency of our expression is diminished by cautious apprehension. If everyone understood the power of words and determined never to abuse them the world would be filled with peaceful new connections.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete